Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Waking Up.

I am supposed to be working on a logos lesson right now.... but it is not too often that I have these moments of clarity, so I figure this should be documented : )


Things lately have been... Organized. Scheduled. Mundane. Routine. Planned. Prepared. Lacking Life. All for which I take the blame. I have been all too busy and far too responsible for any respectable twenty year old.


I have stiffled my heart to accomplish more. I have quieted dreams to be practical. I have ignored deep desires to satisfy demands. As I take a moment to pause I realize that if I keep going at this pace, I will completely lose myself.


I refuse to let life become an inconvenience instead of something worth living. I have been chasing after all of these things that in all reality I don’t even desire. I continue to try to convince myself to find passion for things that I was not called to accomplish.


I am trading in this lofty goal of perfection for the authentically messy life I crave. I feel a twinge of guilt as I say that, knowing that many will be disappointed by all of the reprecutions of that descision, but I can no longer continue to perform as a machine (how could that possibly reflect the image of my God?).


So that being said...


... I am going to play my music a little louder then necessary...

... I am going to dress up as a Ninja Turtle with my roomate, without even considering how it may appear childish...

... I am going to sing off key as I used to, without shame...

... I am going to let my heart show again, through laughter and through tears...

... I am going to fail- and not feel guilty...

... Back to reading kids books at Barnes and Nobles...

... Back to noticing the things that are actually important...


I feel like I am waking up!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, I feel the same exact way. And good for you! You should pursue your heart, dreams and passions. And kids books keep us young... I`m a huge fan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so stinking glad. You deserve it :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lived in Minnesota, this resolution would have led you to come to my (2nd annual) Dino Day, and you would have had an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete